The Instrument Mechanic installs, repairs, maintains, and adjusts indicating, recording, telemetering, and controlling instruments used to measure and control variables, such as pressure, flow, temperature, motion, force, and chemical composition, using hand tools and precision instruments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses hand and power tools and testing instruments.
- Disassembles malfunctioning instruments.
- Examines and tests mechanism and circuitry for defects.
- Troubleshoots equipment in or out of control system and replaces or repairs defective parts.
- Reassembles instrument and tests assembly for conformance with specifications, using instruments, such as potentiometer, resistance bridge, manometer, and pressure gauge; inspects instruments periodically, and makes minor calibration adjustments to insure functioning within specified standards.
- Adjust and repair final control mechanisms, such as automatically controlled valves or positioners, and may calibrate instruments according to established standards.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Military technical training/formal apprenticeship/trade school desired.
- Must have own tool kit.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a NACI.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, perform with a high degree of accuracy and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be eligible for issue and possession of a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Specific contractual requirements regarding education and experience prevail where applicable.
- Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Rarely will an employee be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com