Website Ranger Land Systems
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic performs Depot level maintenance/modifications and overhaul repairs to DoD standards for military equipment as prescribed in the equipment Technical Manuals (TMs). Familiar with, but not limited to the following types of equipment, sub-systems, support equipment and related systems such as Bearcat, High Mobility Multi-Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), Logistics Vehicle System Replacement (LVSR), 7-Ton Trucks (MTV), Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV), Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) and Medium Tactical Trailers, if required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using OEM Manuals (TMs) and/or Defense Electronic Technical Manuals (ETMs) and assists with assembly and disassembly of equipment
- Repair, and replace components, engines, transmission, and sub-assemblies.
- Assist team members in solving maintenance problems by analysis and troubleshooting. Maintains appropriate government required paperwork and the files (Job Packets) necessary for the maintenance and repair of the equipment.
- Diagnose and repair system malfunctions, isolate causes, and correct deficiencies.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects and resolve malfunctions.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools, examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micro meters and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines, transmissions and vehicle sub-assemblies
- Licensed to operate motor vehicles to perform the duties of this position
- Tests and inspect overhauled equipment to insure operating properly
- Maintains tools & equipment; cleans work areas to maintain a safe work environment
- Be able to work in inclement weather conditions, when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet organizational/operational objectives
- S. Citizen
- Must successfully pass a NACI background investigation
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have minimum of 3 years in civilian or military Automotive Maintenance repair/rebuild
- Must have own tool Mechanics Tool Set
- Must be capable of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling loads up to 50 lbs. and able to Safely climb, crawl, stoop, bend, squat, and reach as required to work on equipment
- Must have experience performing repairs, refurbishment and servicing Light and Medium Tactical Vehicles and equipment
- Experience working on Bearcat, High Mobility Multi-Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV), Logistics Vehicle System Replacement (LVSR), 7-Ton Trucks (MTV), Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV), Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting (ARFF) and Medium Tactical Trailers highly preferred
- Strong diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver’s license, Indiana Commercial Driver’s License with medical clearance preferred
- Eligible for issue and possession of a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills, possessing basic proficiency in English language (reading & writing)
Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled shop environment, with frequent exposure with mechanical equipment. There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions and exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noises.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com