Perform detailed assembly and disassembly of foreign and domestic small arms weapons including t small arms inspection, maintenance, and minor repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses knowledge of the tools (i.e. hammers, punches, files, stones, etc.) and gauges needed to perform assigned duties,
- Has knowledge in the operation of gun-smiting machinery such as lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, etc.,
- Has knowledge of tooling used with those machines.
- Has knowledge of basic shop safety procedures needed to work in a small arms environment, performs support functions for the shop, to include bead blasting and preparing metal parts for refinishing.
- Requires attendance at factory Armorer’s courses of small arms in the arms room inventory
- Performs major repairs on foreign and domestic standard and non-standard small arms weapons
- Can build either custom pistols or rifles with little or no supervision, possesses excellent knowledge of gun-smiting tools and procedures, and possesses moderate knowledge of firearms operating principles and ballistics.
- Has a thorough understanding of firearm operation principles, has a moderate knowledge of internal/external ballistic theories, can fabricate special jigs, fixtures and other special tooling with some supervision, can read and understand blueprint drawings, and can work from those drawings under direct supervision.
- Can perform as primary instructor on most standard and non-standard small arms weapon systems.
- Requires computer literacy.
- Requires attendance at a formal one to two year accredited in-house gun-smiting course
- Requires 5 years work experience.
- Must successfully pass a NACI background investigation.
- Must be eligible for issue and possession of a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Specific contractual requirements regarding education and experience prevail where applicable.
Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Rarely will an employee be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org