The Carpenter, Maintenance performs the carpentry duties necessary to maintain in good repair building woodwork and equipment such as bins, cribs, counters, benches, partitions, doors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and laying out of work from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal instructions,
- Using a variety of carpenter’s hand tools, portable power tools and standard measuring instruments,
- Making standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work;
- Selecting materials necessary for the work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Military technical training/formal apprenticeship/trade school desired.
- Must have own tool kit.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust position.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to work in a team-based, highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, perform with a high degree of accuracy and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a public trust option.
- Must be eligible for issue and possession of a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Specific contractual requirements regarding education and experience prevail where applicable.
- Work will typically be in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. There may be times when an employee is exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Rarely will an employee be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org